This is an extremely high quality mix which is specially formulated for use in seed feeders. The food types within the mix are selected to attract the widest range of species whilst maintaining freshness and flow within your seed feeders. The mix contains Kibbled Peanuts, Black Sunflower Seeds, Sunflower Hearts, Hemp and Red Millet.
- Kibbled Peanuts are rich in essential oils and proteins. The peanuts are kibbled or coarsely ground to reduce their size and risk of choking of small chicks from whole peanuts. Kibbled peanuts are loved by a wide range of species including Great-Spotted Woodpecker, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Coal Tit, Marsh Tit, Long-Tailed Tit, Chaffinch, Greenfinch, Brambling, Robin, Blackbird, Dunnock, House Sparrow, Nuthatch and Collared Dove.
- Black Sunflower seed are high in essential oil and calories. Shell-on sunflower seeds stay fresher for longer than sunflower hearts and aid the flow of foods in the feeder. Loved by
Blue Tit, Great Tit, Chaffinch, Greenfinch, Brambling, House Sparrow, Nuthatch, Great-spotted Woodpecker.
- Sunflower Hearts for the soft-billed species which cannot remove the husks.
- Hemp could be described as a wild bird ‘super food’. Hemp is rich in oil and protein but also contains the highest level of fatty acids of any seed type along with beneficial minerals and trace elements for garden bird health. Only a little hemp is required otherwise your birds will get fat! Hemp is a favorite of Bullfinch, Chaffinch, Greenfinch, Redpoll, Sisken, Tree Sparrow, House Sparrow, Collared Dove and Nuthatch.
- Red Millet is highly nutritious and is a particular favourite of Tree Sparrows. Other species who will enjoy this food include Bullfinch, Chaffinch, Greenfinch, Goldfinch, Redpoll, Siskin, Tree Sparrow, House Sparrow, Reed Bunting, Blue Tit, Collared Dove, Nuthatch.